View options

14 hours ago, wulffeld said:

Hi

Where is the View options icon on web? I prefer to just see the title of my notes. Don't want a preview of a note to clutter the list of notes.

I can't see it either. There are a few examples where the web version seems to have slightly less functionaility than the desktop versions. It might be a technical issue but I suspect that, with new device limits, it is to avoid anybody, other than a casual user, being happy with just mobile + web. 

6 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I can't see it either. There are a few examples where the web version seems to have slightly less functionaility than the desktop versions. It might be a technical issue but I suspect that, with new device limits, it is to avoid anybody, other than a casual user, being happy with just mobile + web. 

What do you mean by new device limits?

For the record I'm using this on my laptop (because the desktop app is crashing constantly). Given the companys own communication the reason for using ElectronJS was to ensure the same experience everywhere. 😑

47 minutes ago, wulffeld said:

What do you mean by new device limits?

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

Evernote web now counts as a device and is included in the two devices that basic users are allowed. However on re-reading the rules as long as you never sign into Evernote web you can use the desktop version and a mobile version. I used to use Evernote web at work (because of limitations on what I could install on my work PC) and also EN for Android and EN desktop at home. I suspect this is not uncommon. In that scenario, with two devices you might want to use EN web and a mobile in which case your functionality will be reduced. For the record and as a long standing premium user, I have no problem with encouraging non-casual users to become premium members!

54 minutes ago, wulffeld said:

ensure the same experience everywhere.

same or similar?

8 minutes ago, Mike P said:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

Evernote web now counts as a device and is included in the two devices that basic users are allowed. However on re-reading the rules as long as you never sign into Evernote web you can use the desktop version and a mobile version. I used to use Evernote web at work (because of limitations on what I could install on my work PC) and also EN for Android and EN desktop at home. I suspect this is not uncommon. In that scenario, with two devices you might want to use EN web and a mobile in which case your functionality will be reduced. For the record and as a long standing premium user, I have no problem with encouraging non-casual users to become premium members!

same or similar?

🤷‍♂️ if they're deliberately removing functionality from web, even for premium users, to curb casual users then that's another nail in the coffin for me. I doubt that's the issue though.

19 minutes ago, wulffeld said:

🤷‍♂️ if they're deliberately removing functionality from web, even for premium users, to curb casual users then that's another nail in the coffin for me. I doubt that's the issue though.

You may be right it could be a technical or some other issue. The beta of the new home page does definitely have additional functionaility for premium users only so I'm not rulling out differences in functionaility based on platform and/or user type.