Evernote will not launch on Windows 10 after latest update

Does anyone have a solution for the following:

I began to have problems launching Evernote on my HP Pavillion running Windows 10 after updating Evernote to the latest version.  It would take many, many attempts to finally get it to launch.  Then after switching to Windows Defender (instead of Avast) for my antivirsus, and installing the Windows 10 November updates; it will not launch at all, though it sometimes now gives me a popup that states, "Something went wrong on our end, sorry abut that.  Please try restartig Evernote" along with the choices to Quit or Restart (see attached). Restarting just repeats the failure and error message.

So I tried to install the previous 10.4.3 version; and same thing - presumably when Evernote attempts to launch after the install.  So I uninstalled that version too.

Finally I tried installing the Evernote Legacy v.6.25.2.9198; I was thankfully; able to log in.  And it seems to work so far for now.

I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198).

Any thoughts and help toward a solution are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Evernote failure.png

• Level 5*

It takes a while for the new version to download a database after first install - which might be complicated by an over-active antivirus resisting third party access.  Try re-downloading the new version from Evernote.com but give it 24 hours before trying to use the new app...