Created Date Not Set to Current Date when Copying or Duplicating Notes

I use regular notes as templates for a journaling notebook. Since these notes are journal entries, I rely on the Created date to sort them properly. However a recent update changed the behavior of both the Duplicate and Copy To... commands so that the Created date on the duplicate or copy is no longer set to the current date as it was before. It would help if this behavior was reverted or an alternative way to quickly create copies with updated Created dates was added.

1 hour ago, Nathaniel Palmer said:

I use regular notes as templates for a journaling notebook. Since these notes are journal entries, I rely on the Created date to sort them properly. However a recent update changed the behavior of both the Duplicate and Copy To... commands so that the Created date on the duplicate or copy is no longer set to the current date as it was before. It would help if this behavior was reverted or an alternative way to quickly create copies with updated Created dates was added.

I think EN would expect you to use the inbuilt template functionality. The process is:

• Select your blank template document
  • From the three dots menu choose save as template
  • Create a new note and click the template icon (which appears in the body of the new note)
  • Choose your template

That process works well provided you don't constantly make changes on the hoof to the document and want those changes in the template next time

On 12/4/2020 at 11:05 AM, Mike P said:

I think EN would expect you to use the inbuilt template functionality. The process is:

• Select your blank template document
  • From the three dots menu choose save as template
  • Create a new note and click the template icon (which appears in the body of the new note)
  • Choose your template

That process works well provided you don't constantly make changes on the hoof to the document and want those changes in the template next time

Yeah I would use that feature except I find duplicating notes more convenient because it lets me create a note with the right tags already set. But given this issue maybe that’ll have to do for now. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 8:05 AM, Mike P said:

This is pretty much what I do on a weekly basis to keep track of my weekly goals. 

On 12/11/2020 at 2:47 PM, Nathaniel Palmer said:

Yeah I would use that feature except I find duplicating notes more convenient because it lets me create a note with the right tags already set. But given this issue maybe that’ll have to do for now. 

Ditto.

A lot of the time it's adjustments from one week to the next and starting from a blank template would be so painful.  I would LOVE for the option in preferences to use the original date or current date.