Window layout

It used to be that the main Evernote window consisted of 3 panels: Left Panel, Note List and Note Panel.  You always knew where to find what you wanted, because it was always on the screen.  Now panels are popping up and disappearing for no good reason.  Sometimes they hide behind other panels.  You never know where to find stuff.

Can we have the three panels back?

12 hours ago, John McGrath said:

It used to be that the main Evernote window consisted of 3 panels: Left Panel, Note List and Note Panel.  You always knew where to find what you wanted, because it was always on the screen.  Now panels are popping up and disappearing for no good reason.  Sometimes they hide behind other panels.  You never know where to find stuff.

Can we have the three panels back?

You can keep the left side bar open (shortcut F10) to prevent overlapping the Note List while searching.

see also my related reply https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/131232-tags-are-good/?do=findComment&comment=592695

31 minutes ago, John McGrath said:

Thanks, that is much better.  Now, is there any way to prevent the Note List from going away?

I don't understand "the note list going away".  When does it disappear? Normally the note list should stay in place. How do you invoke the note list? Have you clicked "all notes" in the left bar?

On 11/29/2020 at 5:47 PM, eric99 said:

I don't understand "the note list going away".  When does it disappear?

The Note List disappears when I click on a note shortcut - it just shows the Left Panel and the Note Panel.  With the Legacy version, it will show the Left Panel, the Note List and the Note Panel, with the Note List showing the notes corresponding to the note in the Note Panel.

985887473_EnernotePanels.thumb.png.89bd74c242062211e3b24bfb6a945cbb.png

3 hours ago, John McGrath said:

The Note List disappears when I click on a note shortcut - it just shows the Left Panel and the Note Panel.  With the Legacy version, it will show the Left Panel, the Note List and the Note Panel, with the Note List showing the notes corresponding to the note in the Note Panel.

985887473_EnernotePanels.thumb.png.89bd74c242062211e3b24bfb6a945cbb.png

image.png.c07f4d759ae1a820dd7843a17c9262a6.png

If you double click the green link, the linked note will indeed show in a new window.

However, if you click the blue link, the linked note will replace the previous one in the right pane and the note list will remain.

Please, always update to the latest version EN 10.4.4  https://evernote.com/download

I don't know what you mean about the green and blue links.  If I click on them, it doesn't bring me to Evernote at all.  It just opens an expanded window containing an image of the green and blue links.

According to Evernote | Help | Check for updates, "Evernote 10.3.7 is currently the newest version available."

4 hours ago, John McGrath said:

I don't know what you mean about the green and blue links.  If I click on them, it doesn't bring me to Evernote at all.  It just opens an expanded window containing an image of the green and blue links.

According to Evernote | Help | Check for updates, "Evernote 10.3.7 is currently the newest version available."

This screenshot was just an example of a note with a link to another note. You should click on the link in your note and the blue link will pop up. If you click on that link, you'll stay in EN as you like.

The latest EN version is 10.4.4, please get it here : https://evernote.com/download

12 hours ago, John McGrath said:

I said the Note List disappears when I click on a shortcut, not a link.  A shortcut appears on the Left Panel under Shortcuts, and you create one by right-clicking on a note in the Note List and selecting "Add to Shortcuts".

As far as I know, there is no work around for this behaviour. There are arguments pro and contra, but I'm also in favor to keep the note list visible...