After Update to v10.4.3, PDF, JPG, PNG and thumb nails not showing on desktop app

On Mac Catalina.  After upgrade to Evernote V 10.4.3 , on my desktop application PDFs are not shown ("couldn't display this PDF file"). Also, thumbnails are not shown, JPG and PNG are not shown ("image could not be rendered properly"). 

I can see them in the browser application, and on my android phone. Things were fine until the update 2 days ago.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, doesn't make a difference. This applies to ALL the files with these formats, rendering Evernote basically useless.  Since I do not have premium, I can't send a ticket.

image.png.ab1fe02cad5476f72dc1b05db644af8b.pngimage.png.e376339f9e40952472229a2bb59cfb0a.pngimage.png.5b03f92f335ffbe4ce7eb6bffe020aec.pngimage.png.dc591edb49124f2235ec259fa9420d12.pngimage.png.0cc19ada6240a107fb032ef8735ec7f6.png 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 8:03 PM, euk said:

On Mac Catalina.  After upgrade to Evernote V 10.4.3 , on my desktop application PDFs are not shown ("couldn't display this PDF file"). Also, thumbnails are not shown, JPG and PNG are not shown ("image could not be rendered properly"). 

I can see them in the browser application, and on my android phone. Things were fine until the update 2 days ago.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, doesn't make a difference. This applies to ALL the files with these formats, rendering Evernote basically useless.  Since I do not have premium, I can't send a ticket.

Update: Running Evernote 10.4.4 now and most issues are resolved

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issue.  Have sent feedback and, still have no idea how to regain access to my Note contents, if I’m to even continue using the desktop app...!  SOooooo many MAJOR problems with basic functionality!

Has ANYONE found a work-around???

I’m having to seriously consider another platform.  Joplin is something I’m contemplating.... Anyone have experience with that...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5

If you are on Android, why are you posting in the subforum for Mac v10 ?

This is a completely different app (mobile vs. Desktop), and for the Mac the last posting here was in March. A burning issue is not quiet for nearly 5 months, so I assume there is no issue on the Mac since.

On an Android device, try to log out, quit the app and restart the device. Open the app, log back in.

If this does not work, Post again, but please in the Android subforum.