Trying to use Evernote Legacy to export notes but stuck at "Downloading content…"

I installed Evernote Legacy per suggestions, and am trying to export all my notes—but once I select a name and location for the enex file and start the process, a dialog box opens saying ""Downloading content…" It ran for 24 hours with little progress, so I tried to restart it today—and the same thing. How is this possible? I upgraded to the new version—but did that erase all the data somehow?

This is such a nightmare—maybe the worst ever upgrade to an app I've ever seen—and the fact that it's going to take 10-12 DAYS to even get a response from customer service is just mental…

Thanks in advance!

11-20-2020-16.14.13.jpg

• Level 5*
Just now, Will S said:

a dialog box opens saying ""Downloading content…"

I had the same problem.  It was stuck on one bad note which I had to delete
One unknown note out of 13,000
I found the note eventually by repeatedly selecting half the notes and trying the export

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I had the same problem.  It was stuck on one bad note which I had to delete
One unknown note out of 13,000
I found the note eventually by repeatedly selecting half the notes and trying the export

Thanks for this.

And that is insane—I never had this issue before, in 17 years (!) of using Evernote, and I have 12.5k notes. 

What did it turn out was "bad" about the note? Just wondering if there's any possible way to find it other than your laborious method above...

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Will S said:

What did it turn out was "bad" about the note?

Nothing I could identify
I do weekly backups so I caught the problem right away
I had just done a database rebuild from the servers so I'm guessing the corrupted note came from there