Here's why the new update will lose me as a customer.

Go to solution Solved by Enteecee,

The new update is horrible. I used to recommend Evernote to everyone I met and now I'm considering not using it anymore.

I can't drag and drop screenshots effectively anymore. One main purpose of paying for evernote was the ability to copy/paste and send emails with keeping the screenshots intact. Also, no images dropped in are visible as images inside the note. I don't think it's worth paying for or using at all without this functionality. 

Besides the crucial issue with images not transferring properly or being visible, here are some other major issues with the new update:
1. The minimum sidebar menu width is too large. I have many things going on in my workday and I enjoyed the solution of having minimal interference to take notes while working. It now forces "clunkyness." 
2. Loading lag is horrible. It takes so long to load and often crashes, forcing me to refresh. This is very bad considering I am taking notes in meetings and important calls, missing critical note taking waiting for Evernote to reload. TERRIBLE.
3. Upon reloading, many recent notes are gone because they did not sync properly.

If you're going to Beta test an update on everyone, provide a notice confirmation before we accept the update so we can revert to the previous version if needed; OR get a new Product Manager who knows this already. I have never been so upset with an application I was so happy with for so long.

If anyone can share the previous version of Evernote for me to revert and continue my life, please do.

• Like 3
  • Solution

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph

There ya go.

I'll also add that the little "HTML CONTENT" fence has me red-faced with anger, introducing a ridiculous new step to make editable.  To really make sure you smell the stink of that UI, they hide even the ability to do so.  Mouse-overs hide functionality and reduce discoverability. Their only benefit is a cleaner look, which we don't even get in this case because of the HTML CONTENT bounding box.

Inanity.

• Thanks 1

I have recommended Evernote to so many people and have bene paying from a Premium account. But sad to say, if things don't improve with speed in the new version, I might me leaving evernote as the slow speed on various aspect has turned 'Productivity' on its head. Doesn't;t seem to matter if i am on a Mac/ iPhone or windows, performance is really poor compared to previous experience. Is there anyway to revert to an older version?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, heartbeat said:

I have recommended Evernote to so many people and have bene paying from a Premium account. But sad to say, if things don't improve with speed in the new version, I might me leaving evernote as the slow speed on various aspect has turned 'Productivity' on its head. Doesn't;t seem to matter if i am on a Mac/ iPhone or windows, performance is really poor compared to previous experience. Is there anyway to revert to an older version?

For Mac/Windows you can use Legacy version or download v7.14 (you can find it in forum) again. For iPhone, sadly no.

• Sad 1
On 11/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, Enteecee said:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph

There ya go.

I'll also add that the little "HTML CONTENT" fence has me red-faced with anger, introducing a ridiculous new step to make editable.  To really make sure you smell the stink of that UI, they hide even the ability to do so.  Mouse-overs hide functionality and reduce discoverability. Their only benefit is a cleaner look, which we don't even get in this case because of the HTML CONTENT bounding box.

Inanity.

Thank you! You are so right about the bounding box, what a terrible idea. I will continue to pay for it as long as it doesn't force me to update. You have rescued me from so much heartache with this link to revert to "Evernote Legacy"

• Like 1
On 11/24/2020 at 2:00 AM, heartbeat said:

@Enteecee has provided the link to revert! https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph

• Like 1

This is Killing me 

I Loved the Old Version also, I now stand at a Clients place and play with evernote as it Lags and Crashes ... , Missing information , Wow you guy sure went backwards in this version !!!.  I Recommended this so much when it worked , but now it is Driving me nuts with all the BUGS !!!

Because of one bug and some weirdness I've experienced with the new version, I was happy to see the link to revert to an older (Legacy) version of Evernote. Sadly, I can't run it on my macOS (Sierra 10.12.6). Thanks anyway to those who shared the link.

"What bug?" you wonder. Well, when I change one or more images in a Note, the corresponding List View does not update to reflect those changes. One of the deleted images still appears in the All Notes sidebar view instead of a new one from the note itself.

Hoping there are fixes soon.