Issue with Navigating from Shortcut to Notebook

When we click on a shortcut, the new Evernote does not display the note list (ok, I guess...not in love with this or clear why it is now this way, but could live with it if this is how it is). I've noticed though, that multiple times, what I want to be able to do is to see the note list when I click on a shortcut.

And, I can't figure out how to easily do this. 

I tried this:

1. Go to the shortcut:

Shortcut1.thumb.png.2387e93ab00575a988979ee8f0a3544f.png

2. Click on the notebook name in the note editor to navigate to that notebook:

Shortcut2.thumb.png.04466d02530c547090476e63b6d9433a.png

3:  The behavior I'm expecting is that the note list for that notebook to appear, and the note that I'm navigating there from (the shortcut note) to be selected in the note list. This is not what's happening. It appears instead to select whatever note is first in the note list for that notebook:

Shortcut3.thumb.png.17a3e1681a2105d26731698c82a811db.png

I'm hoping this is a bug and can be fixed.

Also, is there a better way to get the notebook list visible when you click a shortcut or recent notes?

I often want to see the other notes that are in the notebook around shortcuts and recent notes (use case: these notes are often a "Project Management" note and I use it to put me in the vicinity – the notebook – of the other notes related to that project). 

• Like 1
  • Stacey Harmon changed the title to Issue with Navigating from Shortcut to Notebook

when I open a note via shortcuts, such as my daily dashboard, the note list disappears. This means I can't access my most recently created notes to easily transfer things back and forth or make an internal note link from one of them to add to my dashboard or whatever note I've opened from the shortcut list.

It would be good to have the note list stay visible unless I choose to hide it.

I just made another topic about this before seeing this same thing.

text of my post:

when I open a note via shortcuts, such as my daily dashboard, the note list disappears. This means I can't access my most recently created notes to easily transfer things back and forth or make an internal note link from one of them to add to my dashboard or whatever note I've opened from the shortcut list.

It would be good to have the note list stay visible unless I choose to hide it.

Moderator, feel free to move that note or delete it as long as the input is received somehow. Thanks, Patrick

• Like 1