Scratch Pad keyboard shortcut overrides essential macOS shortcut.

Evernote scratch pad now overrides macOS keyboard shortcut for creating folder groups (below). I haven't been able to find how to reassign the scratchpad shortcut or to turn it off so I can recover my macOS functionality. 

image.png.4c1feb048c3ce54358a1e95355a912cf.png

• Like 1

Seriously, this is an invaluable Finder shortcut for any power user...

They had this same "feature" in the private betas months ago, I wrote them about it and never got a reply. But then they took it out. But now they put it back in.

I find myself only using Evernote these days when I have to. macOS Notes is my scratchpad I keep open 24/7.

Let me us know if you fix this, Evernote. (Hint: unlikely.)

Still a problem with the latest version as of this date, 10.3.6 build 2001 public

Really quite terrible. You can't even override it via macOS Keyboard system preference because of the app framework they're using now (no longer Mac native).

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got the 10.5 beta, still has this issue ("feature").

Coming soon lists "Global keyboard shortcuts." Maybe this will address it, or maybe they'll take over other useful shortcuts like Copy/Paste (sarcasm).

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As I encounter this ignorant keyboard mapping YET AGAIN with the newest version I feel compelled to remind the Evernote community this still hasn't been fixed.

The workaround remains to immediately quit Evernote after getting annoyed for a second that it jacked my workflow yet again.

I really need to finish migrating out of it completely... it feels like a college CS class project at this point.

10.6.9-mac-ddlpublic (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7