UPDATED: New Notes become 'shared/published' (public link) without residing in a shared notebook or opting to share

While experimenting with the web client today (I am currently using the legacy Mac client) I noticed that new notes created both within the Web client and Mac client becomes shared/published without them either residing in a shared/published notebook or opting to share/publish a note. The only reason I noticed this is that the new web client has a small green 'share' icon (2 green heads) in the top right of the window. Had I not used this client I may never have realised that the note had a public link

Please see below - the default notebook is !CAPTURE INBOX and is most definitely not a shared or published notebook. Creating a note in the default notebook in the web client (and the Mac client) produced a shared note. Looking at the properties for the note (last image) it shows that string is 'enabled'!!

Have I missed an option to 'autoshare' every note I create?

UPDATE - This was caused by an IFTTT recipe that copied notes over to Google Docs for backup but first auto enabled publishing a public (albeit hidden) link. You live and learn.

• Like 1
  • Stuart Madden changed the title to UPDATED: New Notes become 'shared/published' (public link) without residing in a shared notebook or opting to share
16 hours ago, xenomorf said:

I have the same problem. How did you manage to fix this?

Unfortunately, the only way was to disconnect the IFTTT connection. I am not sure if it was specific to this particular recipe, but it did concern me that it wasn't particularly clear that it was doing this. In some ways, thank God for the new Evernote interface making this clear that it was being shared.

• Thanks 1