Select text with mouse doesn´t work correctly

I click on "Edit" in a note and want to select text on the ipad with the mouse. I click in the text and hold the left mouse button. And now I want to select the text from left to right. And this is exactly what I cannot do. Instead i drag the whole screen from left to right and return to the last note i opened before. Please fix.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem. Very annoying. I hope the Evernote team is keeping track of all these issues since I understand they’re still working to update the new release to fix many things amiss. (And maybe, just maybe, they’ll add sorting text alphabetically to the very very long-sought improvements? As in since I wrote them in 2012? And maybe they might finally understand that we need TEXT inside notes, not notes themselves, to be sorted? But I digress.)  If anyone has a fix to the “can’t select text from the left” problem, please let us know.  I do understand that the developer team doesn’t necessarily check this forum and that we have to submit a query to them separately. So I’m hoping there IS a fix that someone knows about…