Drag&Drop multiple notes between notebooks

mnaoumov

Idea

Drag&Drop multiple notes between notebooks not working, it moves only one note. In order to move notes now I have to use Move... function and select the destination notebook from the list. That's much less convenient

• Like 1

9 replies to this idea

9 hours ago, jimr33 said:

What is "the new way of moving multiple notes" thanks, Jim

You select the notes using ctrl-click and shift-click as appropriate. A new blue multiple note menu thingy pops up as soon as you have selected two notes. The first icon allows you to move the notes. There are also options to add tags, merge, delete etc

image.png.1160f1413bcc6bdd8b338c7a32fa4fb0.png

9 hours ago, jimr33 said:

Should be able to hold down ctrl key and select multiple notes to move, or do other functions with - such a basic task!

You can select multiple notes using ctrl-click. The issue that @mnaoumov raised is that  you cannot then drag and drop those notes -  you have to use the longwinded menu process to do it. I actually raised this back in the beta and was told that it was in the future plans. At the moment all operations on multiple notes are painfully slow. Just try selecting 10 notes and adding the same tag to them all.

• Like 2

In some ways I'm actually finding the new way of moving multiple notes better. In the Legacy version I regularly used to drag multiple notes but there have been times where I've not "released" them over the right notebook... so this lack makes up for my clumsiness  😉

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, ikne said:

I can't select multiple notes by control or shift clicking in web version on win 7.

Nothing appears, where is the supposed banner for moving all selected?

This is actually the windows version forum. I believe that selecting multiple notes has not been implemented on the web version.