Hyperlink to external source is gone from UI

In the legacy version, when you clipped data from a website, the source would be recorded in a hyperlink. Or you can manually add one.

I know that the data is still there, but instead of a nice convenient link at the top of the page, you have to dive into an alternate menu of info with several clicks.

I really like the convenience of having that link available and prominent. I do use it to go back to the source. I'd like to see that link back in the frame somewhere.

37 minutes ago, Jeff510 said:

In the legacy version, when you clipped data from a website, the source would be recorded in a hyperlink. Or you can manually add one.

I know that the data is still there, but instead of a nice convenient link at the top of the page, you have to dive into an alternate menu of info with several clicks.

I really like the convenience of having that link available and prominent. I do use it to go back to the source. I'd like to see that link back in the frame somewhere.

I assume these are clips obtained using the EN webclipper. These are now in a web clip box. clicking on the box gives you an icon which will take you directly to the source.

image.png.dc73e3dd347ba590f8c808dad6b92277.png

Alternatively, ctrl-shift-I is a handy shortcut which wil take you to the note information window which I assume is what you were refering to.

If you simplify the formatting, which I usually do, the web clip frame disappears. Or if you manually put in a link. 

I know that the info is buried and you can get to it. I liked it when the link was right in the interface.

11 hours ago, Jeff510 said:

If you simplify the formatting, which I usually do, the web clip frame disappears. Or if you manually put in a link. 

I know that the info is buried and you can get to it. I liked it when the link was right in the interface.

When I simplify and make editable or I use simplified article from the clipper  I get a line at the top which says Clip source in bold followed by the link.

image.png.56fb165893850d20eeb95e0dd66a1351.png

I'm more concerned by weblinks for things like pdfs and screenshots where the url is only in the note information. If you merge several of these notes together you lose all but one of the urls because there is no option to include it in the header of each note anymore.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I'm more concerned by weblinks for things like pdfs and screenshots where the url is only in the note information. If you merge several of these notes together you lose all but one of the urls because there is no option to include it in the header of each note anymore

That is the reason why the former solution in the legacy version was better by far:

• Source url was saved and to edit only in the note info field.
  • clickable additional hyperlink field in the ui allowed fast access to the source-page
  • all source-urls of notes to merge were collected from source fields and integrated in merged note as working hyperlinks, easy to follow by click