(Archived) Emptied trash, but usage amount still wrong.

cjedj

Idea

According to my EN client, my monthly usage so far is 7.7MB, however when I sort my notes into list view and manually add up the size of each note, the total is 2.95MB.

I ensured the trash was empty in both home and work clients, and then synced, before doing the calculation. From reading the forum, I understand this is often a reason for discrepancies, so I've deliberately tried to make sure and avoid it.

The only thing I can think of, is I synced some large image files earlier in the day. However I then deleted these - and then emptied the trash and synced again.

Is there anything else which could cause this mismatch?

4 replies to this idea

The only thing I can think of, is I synced some large image files earlier in the day. However I then deleted these - and then emptied the trash and synced again.

Your usage is what's uploaded, not what's residing on the server. If, on the first day of your cycle, you added a 22 mb file, sync'd, then deleted the file, sync'd, you're usage remains at 22 mb. If you then added that same file back into EN & sycn'd, you're now at 44 mb.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realise that. That's the last time I experiment with different image sizes then. Not a great experience when you're only on day two of using the software and still kicking the tires, but at least I know now.

What I often do if I'm not sure I will want everything uploaded is to create a local (non-sync'd) notebook (done when creating a new notebook.) You can dump stuff into that notebook, then when you get things the way you want them, move them into a sync'd notebook.

Archived