Sync doesn't do anything

Cassius

Idea

I've been trying to sync my notes on my windows PC (web version not windows app) and my Android phone. There doesn't seem to be any option to sync manually on my PC, and pressing the sync button on Android leads to it saying it has synced but still displaying none of my notes. These are the only two devices connected to the account and restarting them doesn't help. Is there a way to force a sync on PC? I suspect the PC isn't syncing to the server automatically, leading to there being no notes for my Android to download when it syncs with the server.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5
18 hours ago, Cassius said:

I've been trying to sync my notes on my windows PC (web version not windows app) and my Android phone. There doesn't seem to be any option to sync manually on my PC, and pressing the sync button on Android leads to it saying it has synced but still displaying none of my notes. These are the only two devices connected to the account and restarting them doesn't help. Is there a way to force a sync on PC? I suspect the PC isn't syncing to the server automatically, leading to there being no notes for my Android to download when it syncs with the server.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. In the Evernote Web client, changes are synced/saved pretty much every time you pause in typing. (Watch for a little "Saving... All changes saved" notification in the bottom right.) If the Android app is not showing any notes, I suspect that it is accessing a different account. It is incredibly easy to accidentally create a new, empty account by logging in with a different email address. Make sure you're using the same credentials on both devices. If that doesn't do it, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Android app.