(Archived) I *love* this new version + Question about the End key

Howdy, y'all! I just came in to say how much I love the new version of Evernote. I had bought Evernote 2.2, but then I found myself almost never using it because of the Windows Media Player 9-style interface and the overly complicated sidebar. I love how much cleaner the interface is, and I find it to be *much* easier to use.

I also love the fact that I can get my notes on my phone and on the internet. The idea of being able to get to my notes from *anywhere* makes it a much more worthwhile experience for me. And being able to email notes to Evernote is just awesome.

I do have one question: In both Evernote 2.2 and Evernote 3, the End key drops you to the end of the note rather than the end of the line as is the standard in Windows programs. Is there any way to make the End key behave normally?

The Home key doesn't do this; Ctrl-Home moves the cursor to the start of the note, and Home moves it to the start of the line. I'd love for Ctrl-End to move to the end of the note and End to move to the end of the line. Is that possible?

Thanks for the feedback!

I just tested out the 'End' key on my computer (Vista with Logitech kb) with the latest build, and it seemed to work right for me. If I put the cursor into a the middle of a line, the 'End' goes to the end of the line, and Ctrl-End goes to the end of the note. Same thing if I double-click open the note in its own editor window. (The 'Home' key also worked right for me.)

Could you provide a little more information about your setup, and how you're producing the problem?

Thanks again.

OK, I've figured out where the problem was coming from:

My computer doesn't have a dedicated End key; instead you have to hold down the Fn key and hit PgDn to get to the End function. So, for a while now I've been using AutoHotkey to remap my laptop's right-hand Alt and Ctrl keys to Home and End.

When I use Fn+PgDn to push End, it works properly, but when I use the remapped Ctrl key to push End, it thinks that I am pushing both Ctrl *and* End. Weird.

Now, I'm not sure why Evernote is getting both of those signals when no other program I've encountered does, but at least I know where the problem is coming from.

I've remapped my Menu key to be an End key as well, so I'll have to try to remember to use that in Evernote until someone can track that down and fix it.

Archived