Note information

BoomerSchmirtz

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, BoomerSchmirtz said:

Hey!

A nice little idea: adding an option that instead of showing the note's content in overview, add a custom description (limited to the preview size) that will be shown when looking at notes without entering them.

You mean like Snippet view in the Evernote for Windows application?

image.png.a41f9aa83c315c5fe1389498de8cde19.png

The snippet view shows the some of note's content and ignores new lines so the lines connect into a long confusing sentence. I'm talking about a description that can be assigned regardless the note's content, therefore letting the user control what will be seen when just looking at notes.

(Added a photo that's demonstrating the "ugly" content sneak peek)

Screenshot_20190416-193824_Evernote.jpg

Screenshot_20190416-193832_Evernote.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, BoomerSchmirtz said:

The snippet view shows the some of note's content and ignores new lines so the lines connect into a long confusing sentence. I'm talking about a description that can be assigned regardless the note's content, therefore letting the user control what will be seen when just looking at notes.

So you'd then need to add a special extra section to a note that's its description. How would that be materially different to adding the same description to the beginning of the note?

As I stated above, newlines get connected and therefore if you want it clean and nice you have to put dots (look at the pictures it looks bad imo). Plus, the description should be a sentence about the content, what if I don't want the content to be displayed?

Basically just adding a tag like

<description> text </description> would make it the displayable part. Otherwise, the content like before

Archived