(Archived) Using 3 Beta in Parallel with V2.2

The Evernote team advises using 3 Beta "in parallel" with previous versions (2.2 in my case). How do you do this? After installing the Beta my 2.2 version has gone, presumably upgraded. How can I get it back. Reinstalling it does not appear to work. Am I missing something?

Evernote 3 is a totally foreign application to Evernote 2.2 in terms of installation/registry settings/program folders/etc. In no circumstances should it uninstall/upgrade the EN2.2 -- only user can do this explicitly. The only thing in which they mught collide (we will check this on our side) is a desktop shortcut, which is named 'Evernote' by default.

First of all, check if you have the C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote\ folder with Evernote.exe file there. Run this file. If it runs fine, create additional shortcut on the desktop, or quicklaunch, or anywhere you find it convenient that points to EN2.2 executable.

Thanks for response. However the 3 Beta install appears to have replaced or upgraded the files in the original Evernote folder. The only .exe file there is the one that runs the 3 Beta app. When I ran the 3 install it did say that it had located a previous version and then installed itself to the original folder. Perhaps I should uninstall everything and start again?

Thanks for response. However the 3 Beta install appears to have replaced or upgraded the files in the original Evernote folder. The only .exe file there is the one that runs the 3 Beta app. When I ran the 3 install it did say that it had located a previous version and then installed itself to the original folder. Perhaps I should uninstall everything and start again?

Evernote 3 can only find the previously installed version of Evernote 3, not Evernote 2.x. Did you explicitly specify the installatin folder whaen installed Evernote 3?

Anyway, you can try to uninstall Evernote 3, then install Evernote 2.x again, then install Evernote 3 (use the default folders the setup untility suggests to install to).

Thanks again for very speedy response. Pleased to report that uninstall and reinstall of both versions has worked. I now have use of both V2 and 3 Beta in parallel. Great result! It may help to know that my original install was not to default folders but to my own custom folders. I think this is what caused problems. Anyway alls well that ends well, I can now use two great programs and wait to see which one suits best. I may well end up using both. Why not! Thanks again for help.

Archived