Copy Paste Formatting

Jackie42

Idea

When I copy/paste content from Google Docs into an Evernote it formats the note with double-wide line height spacing, as I transfer information over into Evernote I've been having to re-type everything in order to maintain the single-line format. 

Is there a way to decrease line-height when that happens?? (I've included a screenshot of the extra wide spacing)

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 9.32.18 AM.png

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

In the Windows Evernote client, and (I think), the Mac Evernote client, there is no way to modify line spacing, unless you are tech savvy and patient enough to export the note to Evernote format, modify the note's markup, and import that back in. Pasting from outside sources, like web sites, can be a bit of an adventure in Evernote if you want absolute control over formatting, since Evernote only provides simple control..

On 10/16/2018 at 10:02 PM, Jackie42 said:

When I copy/paste content from Google Docs into an Evernote it formats the note with double-wide line height spacing, as I transfer information over into Evernote I've been having to re-type everything in order to maintain the single-line format. 

Is there a way to decrease line-height when that happens?? (I've included a screenshot of the extra wide spacing)

Indeed, I am not happy at all with Evernote's text formatting options. Copy paste of rich text into Evernote results into distorted and weirdly formatted text. Its "paste in plain text" feature to useless.

Here is what I mean.....depicted in short video:

https://youtu.be/HrYfBcklA3k

On 10/16/2018 at 10:02 PM, Jackie42 said:

Indeed, I am not happy at all with Evernote's text formatting options. Copy paste of rich text into Evernote results into distorted and weirdly formatted text. Its "paste in plain text" feature to useless.

Here is what I mean.....depicted in short video:

https://youtu.be/HrYfBcklA3k

Archived