(Archived) Unselected notebook is highlighted

crispinb

Idea

Now and then a notebook in the list in the left-hand pane gets highlighted (ie. with a blue background to the notebook name), and stubbornly remains so regardless of input (eg. cmd-click). It actually isn't selected, and the highlighting causes no functional problems (eg. notes from the falsely-highlighted notebook don't appear in the middle-pane note list). Which notebook gets highlighted in this way seems to be random.

This is with the EN mac client build 92738.

Not a big issue, just a little visually confusing.

4 replies to this idea

Does this happen for any specific scenario, for example while importing or exporting a notebook? Or just happens randomly? more information will help us reproduce the issue.

Thank you

It happens randomly, and if I remember correctly, while I've been browsing notes (ie. clicking on notebooks/tags then on individual notes to preview them). Next time it happens I'll observe more closely and post details back in this thread.

Does this happen for any specific scenario, for example while importing or exporting a notebook? Or just happens randomly? more information will help us reproduce the issue.

Thank you

OK, I can reproduce this now:

- select a notebook

- right-click and rename in such a way that the notebook will be ordered to a different point in the hierarchy (eg. 'notebook' to 'anotebook', where there are other intervening notebooks)

- the notebook above the original position of the renamed notebook will now be highlighted, and remains so regardless of which other notebooks are subsequently highlighted.

Here's a screenshot illustrating the kind of result I get:

screenshot.png

Edit: I don't think this is the only circumstance that produces the bug, but it is reliable.

Archived