(Archived) Web Clipping Security

ViperJPB

I asked this question in the Mac forum but I thought maybe it was better suited for the Web portion of the Forum. I would love to hear from Evernote. I would like to use the Web Clip extension and features with Chrome and I was given pause by it's first question. It want's access to "my entire web history" and "data to all my websites"!? Sounds a bit much. I don't mind the web history to much but the data on all my websites? Will this clip app then have access or record all my various account logins and passwords? Will it log all my credit card and purchase info? I would love to use the web clipping feature but if it has that much access I will have to sadly pass. Please let me know.

When you clip a note to Evernote from any of our "web clippers", we keep track of the "source URL" so that you can click on it in the note header to find the original web page later.

That clipping history feature (dubbed "site memory") takes the current web page you're viewing and asks the web service for the notes that start with the same hostname in their "source URL." So this is just using the information that we've already been storing on the server for 2+ years. And it's only available if you've signed in to your Evernote account from that web browser.

Archived