Sync issues and crashing

First, the desktop version stopped syncing. It kept showing the exclamation sign. I started using the web version temporarily which works fine. I tried to use the desktop version again, it just doesn't open anymore. It just crashes after "initializing attribute index tables". I have uploaded the log file.

Nothing else seems to work. I am not able to raise a ticket, or email, or chat with anyone. If it doesn't get resolved, I would have to stop using Evernote and try some other application.

Evernote_6.8.7.6387_20180126.log

• 4 months later...

Any responses from them on this? I've been using Evernote Premium for years. I'm so sick of this recurring problem and ready to switch to OneNote if they can't fix it for good. I'm done with constantly having to unistall, re-install and then wait for hours while all of my notes repopulate. This is way tooooooo much.

Fix it Evernote. 

If you don't have any unsynchronized notes, and you do not have Local notebooks, please skip to "Move your existing Evernote database." If you do have unsynchronized notes or local notebooks, follow these steps to export that content:

1. Select all unsynced notes, or each local notebook, then right-click and select Export Notes…
  2. Choose 'Export as a file in ENEX format (.enex)', then click Export
    • Detailed instructions here

Move your existing Evernote database:

1. Open Evernote for Windows
  2. Select File > Sign out… from the menu bar
  3. Select Evernote > Options > General > Open Database folder
  4. Move the [username].exb file to your desktop
  5. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Evernote will download all of your synced notes from the servers and create a new database on your computer. You can then import any exported notes by selecting File > Import from the menu bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently it is not possible to sync Business notes - and it is not possible to reach the account even from browser. We get the following error message:

image.png.d6945c2839ceeebb46b4d0fe5ed7dfb1.png

In our logs we see (shortened):

• 16:59:22 [ERROR  ] [10332] [19932] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 502, error: Bad Gateway
    16:59:22 [ERROR  ] [10332] [19932] Utility Store request has failed. Error: Sync failed due to unexpected problem server side
  • 16:59:26 [ERROR  ] [10332] [22248] 0% HTTP request failed, code: 502, error: Bad Gateway
    16:59:26 [ERROR  ] [10332] [22248] Bootstrap info: request to "www.evernote.com" failed, error: timeout
    16:59:29 [ERROR  ] [10332] [21628] Failed to retrieve messages from the Communication Engine Client
    16:59:29 [ERROR  ] [10332] [21628] * HTTP request failed, code: 503, error: Service Unavailable
Connecting and syncing to other than Business-accounts is possible.

Question: Did you see similar problems in the past? If so: how often?

Archived