Evernote Profiles

akharg

Idea

I use Evernote for just about every aspect of my life, both work and personal (I definitely use Premium). Because of this, I have tons of notebooks for work, hobbies, webclips, etc. The trouble is that, when I am at work (for example) I do not want to scroll and pick through tons of notebooks to find the work-relevant ones. The work space feels cluttered. I know some people create second accounts and share notebooks, but I am a Premium user and don't want to pay two subscriptions. 

What if the Evernote program had a "profile" system, wherein the user could create "profiles" for work, home, hobbies, etc. When a profile is selected from a drop-down menu (or some other creative solution), it will only show certain selected notebooks. This would help to de-clutter the work space and the user can focus on certain things.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, akharg said:

I do not want to scroll and pick through tons of notebooks to find the work-relevant ones. The work space feels cluttered. I know some people create second accounts and share notebooks, but I am a Premium user and don't want to pay two subscriptions. 

Stacks allow you to group notebooks. It's what I use to segment into work, personal, and a couple of other categories.

BTW, you don't need to have multiple subscriptions to share notebooks; I pay for my personal account, but my work account is a freebie. Sharing works fine.

Archived