(Archived) Email export format from Web interface

I use a Ubuntu box, so I know that I'm out of luck with a client interface. However, I'm fairly happy with the web interface to add data, but I'm getting frustrated exporting it.

Currently I'm building bibliographic references, which Evernote lets me do fairly well. To export the note, I email it to myself, but the only format available to me is HTML - which is what I don't want. The references are typed as though they are unformatted text and I'd like a way of receiving the note as raw text.

Is there a way to use email export to do what I want, or am I reduced to cut-and-paste?

Paul

We don't have any "plaintext only" export options in any of our clients, although you could copy the text and then paste that to a text-only application to just extract the text.

Thanks Dave, that's what I'm doing. It does work, but it's not very sophisticated.

My ideal is to have a text-based export which my mail reader can pipe into a script which recognises the content, strips off the mail headers and any other cruft, then copies the data into a new file in a directory controlled by the notebook/note combo. In this instance, the bibliography handler would then parse the file, update the database and generate the bibtex file(s).

I may end up having to write a database/CGI interface/exporter combo to do that, and I'd really rather not.

No sign of a text export on the horizon, I suppose (hopefully!) ?

Paul

Archived