(Archived) Unable to email to evernote

govaer

Idea

Relatively new to Evernote. Trying to email notes to Evernote and failing. When I try I get the following message -

"Evernote was unable to submit your note for the following reason:

Emailed note was received, but Evernote did not understand the email address. It may be mis-typed, or the user may not exist. Please check to make sure the address was properly entered."

I know that when I got the email about being able to send directly to a particular notebook and adding tags I gave it a try and it worked. I haven't done it since but tried repeatedly today and was unable to. I even tried resetting my email address in settings, and using the new email, but get the same result. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michele

3 replies to this idea

You can check the correct address by logging on to your account on the web, and then go to the Settings page. It should look something like:

govaer.12345@m.evernote.com

Try selecting the value you see on that page and then copying it. Then paste that into the "From" field of your email client and try to send another message.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. Yes. I did EXACTLY as you said prior to posting my problem, following the directions in the email from Evernote about the new capabilities. Then when I repeatedly got the message - "Evernote was unable to submit your note for the following reason:

Emailed note was received, but Evernote did not understand the email address. It may be mis-typed, or the user may not exist. Please check to make sure the address was properly entered." I went in and reset my email address online and went thru the whole procedure again with the new email. Same result.

I actually had added the email address to my address book after using it successfully to send to Evernote when I did my test run a couple of months ago. I directly copied from the account info as you suggested and did the same with the reset email address this morning.

Michele

Archived