(Archived) Emailing lists with bullets

I frequently email my notes to evernote. Until recently I had no problems at all. Unfortunately today I wanted to email several notes with bulleted lists. It did not work out the way I expected. It looks like Evernote server doesn't like bullets in html formatted emails at all :( To make a long story short:

• [*:2tbc20k7] email from iThoughts on iPhone -> only top level bullets, all other bullets change to top level
    [*:2tbc20k7] GMail -> again, only top level bullets, all other bullets change to top level
    [*:2tbc20k7] Thunderbird -> again, only top level bullets, all other bullets change to top level
    [*:2tbc20k7] Outlook 2007 -> surprise! top level bullets disappear but all levels below top level are properly represented in Evernote

Does anyone has a recipe for emailing bulleted lists to Evernote? How to email lists with several levels of bullets to Evernote?

I tried to send note from iThoughts to Evernote on iPhone one more time. Now it is even more confusing.

I sent the following list

• [*:jnnc4d7r]Test

• [*:jnnc4d7r] A
      • [*:jnnc4d7r]Aa

[*:jnnc4d7r] B

• [*:jnnc4d7r]Bb

[*:jnnc4d7r] C
  • [*:jnnc4d7r]Cc

and in iPhone client I have

[*:jnnc4d7r] A
    [*:jnnc4d7r]Aa

• [*:jnnc4d7r] B
      [*:jnnc4d7r]Bb

• [*:jnnc4d7r] C
        [*:jnnc4d7r]Cc

but in Windows client I have

[*:jnnc4d7r] A
    [*:jnnc4d7r]Aa
    [*:jnnc4d7r] B
    [*:jnnc4d7r]Bb
    [*:jnnc4d7r] C
    [*:jnnc4d7r]Cc

It seems that not only server does something weird with email data but also clienst are inconsistent in displaying content.

• 3 years later...

Archived