(Archived) PDF Multiple Pages setting preserved in Evernote?

I'm about to scan a bunch of documents into Evernote, in PDF format.

My idea is to keep them in EN only.

My idea is to scan with the option "Multiple Pages" to be able to add more pages later on if needed.

1. I'm quite new to scanning, is there any drawback using this setting always (Multiple Pages)? E.g file size?

2. If I put them in EN only, and some time later save a copy to my Mac, will it be possible to add pages then (i.e, would the pdf still be "open")? Or would I need to keep a copy on my computer as well?

My idea is to scan with the option "Multiple Pages" to be able to add more pages later on if needed.

1. I'm quite new to scanning, is there any drawback using this setting always (Multiple Pages)? E.g file size?

I've never seen this option. AFAIK, if you have a PDF editor, you should be able to add more pages to a PDF, no matter how they were scanned.

2. If I put them in EN only, and some time later save a copy to my Mac, will it be possible to add pages then (i.e, would the pdf still be "open")? Or would I need to keep a copy on my computer as well?

If you drag & drop into EN, the original remains on the hard drive. If you edit one, the other one does not get edited. You have two copies of the document. Don't know about the Mac version, but on Windows, IMO, the easiest way to do this, if you're going to modify the document, is to retain the original on the hard drive. Make sure you only edit the original one & then drag & drop it into EN again. You will now have three copies. The two in EN and the one on the hard drive. You can either delete the first one in EN or keep it if you want to have an archive of the changes.

Regarding the multiple pages option - you should see if there is any help option in your software that further describes this. I was thinking if this is unticked, that the scanning software will then treat each scan as a single page. This would be normally used if your scanner has an automatic document feeder & you wanted to load it up with several, individual items. IOW, if you load up 25 pages, it will create 25 PDFs rather than a single PDF of 25 pages.

Thanks for the ideas on this, I reckon I stick with keeping a copy on the hard drive as you say, and scan wih the setting PDF (Multiple Files), in my Canoscan Lide 200.

Archived