ENScript.exe can't find the EN database

Hi,

Just starting to play with ENScript.exe, but when I run it I get the following:

"Can't open database "C:\Users\admin\Evernote\Databases\admin.exb", error: FILE_NOT_FOUND"

Is this because of the change in location of the database in a recent update?

• Level 5*

Wow, that would be a bummer. From forum discussions here, I know that folks use this in their workflows. I use it to do automated backups (I export on a notebook by notebook basis, since the ENEX format doesn't retain notebook information). Hopefully there's a replacement of some sort for doing automation on Windows.

Do you know why it might be looking in the wrong place for the database? I guess if it still works for your backups then it's looking in the right place for you. Is it even possible to change the default path that ENScript uses for the database?

• Level 5*

I've not been able to determine this. I probably could figure it out if I made a bigger effort, but that hasn't seemed necessary since it's working for me on my home and work machines, despite the fact that I've moved my databases to put them on SSD drives. I would have thought that it was via an Evernote registry setting.

Hmm, is there some special thing aboout the fact that your database is in the admin USER data? Are you running ENScript from that account?

Archived