Why Evernote team so slow at implementing useful features?

I love Evernote. I am using it since 2009. It's a program that help me so much. I can't live without it. But it's so frustrating to see that evernote team doing nothing to improve this program. I mean really, basic user experience didn't change since 2009. Probably, the only useful feature added to core experience (taking and organizing notes) was notebook stacks.

Recently, I read article that said that problem with Evernote is too many features, so average user using only 5% of them and as result Evernote has no clear core experience. I don't agree with that. I believe that Evernote problem is a lack of features that users asked for years - read only mode for notes, better note editor, password protection, color coding of notes and etc. I mean Evernote team added a lot of features, but all of them has nothing to do with core experience (taking and organizing notes) - presentation mode, work chat and other pointless junk like that.   

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Siberian said:

But it's so frustrating to see that evernote team doing nothing to improve this program. I mean really, basic user experience didn't change since 2009.

Really!  This forum seems full of complaints because of changes to the UX.?

I haven't had use for many of the changes being made, and am hoping for other changes, some that you listed.

29 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Really!  This forum seems full of complaints because of changes to the UX.

Yep. Changes like grey fonts on grey background in menus. Yes, this changes also frustrate me, but they're not about features. 

Archived