Evernote Web needs tweaking.

tec

Idea

I use evernote web more often than the .exe on my home computer. There are a few things that have been really nagging me for awhile, but i ignored because i was probably under 50 notes or less. I started mass-clipping food ideas from pinterest, and when i go in to clean up, it is a nightmare.

1. In paranoia of losing data when i was using the evernote web clipper, i selected "full article" for a lot of notes. This created a lot of garbage images that do not always reflect the subject of the pin. Apparently once a note is created, the thumbnail can't be replaced or manually selected... why? Regardless, it would be nice to have an automated reformatting tool, to dump data around parts of the article inversed to what you select to keep.

2. Building upon not being able to see what note i am looking for via thumbnail, i of course resort to reading the subject. The text is Ginormous, and cuts off at around 20 characters. What. the. @#%$@%$. 

3. When attempting to change tags, or just in general edit, every time you finish, you are requred to go back to the root notebooks because the notebooks pane to the left disappears. this makes for mass edits extremely time consuming, not to mention, annoying. 

4. Folder structure needs an overhaul. Note titles cannot be changed once created, and you have to have some decent foresight in how you are categorizing if you are not relying on tags, like i have been. Most of the time, i'm looking for a KIND of meal like crockpot beef recipes, rather than an ingredient, like just beef. Adding subfolders to Notebooks is not in any way intuitive.

5. I dont like launching evernote web to have a note I did not select, staring me in the face, taking up 75% of my screen. there should be an option to maximize the note list, scale the text, and add or adjust thumbnail sizes.

thats all i can think of for now. may update with more in a little bit since i'm working in it right now.

edit: before it is suggested, i tried evernote food, and didnt like it. I dont use evernote for suggestions on what to note, so the plethora of recipes that weren't mine were not welcome, and i did not like having a completely different app/program to go to when i am looking for my notes, food related or otherwise.

1 reply to this idea

Archived