Sync frustrations! Attention, Evernote help team

Suburbadad

Hello.

I use Web-based Evernote on my Win7 laptop, and iOS Evernote on my iPhone 6.  Do I need to manually initiate sync?  I'm frustrated because I frequently have conflicted To-Do lists.   The help entry on sync describes a "hub" and "spoke" operation--nice.  But it doesn't tell me how to have sync work well.  Or what makes it not work.  Do I need to manually push the sync button?  Save a note?  Sometimes, I open one or both devices and stare in frustration when my update from the other device is not reflected.  I'm about to spend precious minutes unkinking two instances of conflicted lists.

Spell it out, Evernote!  When and why does sync occur? What am I doing when sync does not occur? If I close the app immediately after an entry, will that prevent sync?

I won't get my wife started on Evernote until it works for me.

Thanks!  It has a lot of good basics.  That's why I'm bothering to post.

• Level 5*

You don't need to sync when on the web.  When on IOS make sure and sync whenever you enter and leave the platform, particularly if you are bouncing back and forth between the web and your phone.  Also, if you have only sync on wifi set on your phone, be sure you have a connection when you sync..

Archived