Problem with selecting text in ios still not working properly

longboardfella

Idea

For multiple releases of Evernote over the past two years I find that selecting text in the editor on Evernote to be tricky to use and unreliable. It sometimes does not allow me to select a word and I have to fiddle about to get the select action points and then move them. Can this be given some serious attention please to make it reliable?

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

For multiple releases of Evernote over the past two years I find that selecting text in the editor on Evernote to be tricky to use and unreliable. It sometimes does not allow me to select a word and I have to fiddle about to get the select action points and then move them. Can this be given some serious attention please to make it reliable?

Hi,

We use something called a web view to display our notes and make them editable (across platforms). One issue with this framework is the text selection tool that you mention (while in edit mode); another is not being able to show the red-squiggly underlines for spellcheck. If we switched to a different framework, many notes would not be editable in the iOS client.

Thanks,

Chuck

Archived