Unable to remove shared tags from a deleted shared folder in sidebar

Ah forget it

Hi Folks,

After your help here.

I have been using Evernote for a while but recently had a massive reorganisation of how I structure my notes, away from notebooks and using tags instead. I previously was part of a shared notebook on recipes with my wife, however, her tags were showing up in the sidebar. Despite looking for a solution, I couldn't find anything that would let me just view my tags only, there were a couple of solutions on these forums but they didn't work out so I bit the bullet and left her notebook - she was a massive Quinoa fan so no great loss if truth be told ;-)

Most of the tags have gone as a result but some remain both within the Tags view under All Tags and on the sidebar. Normally you can right click and delete them but that option is greyed out and I cannot remove them either from the Tags view or from the sidebar. When I log on to Evernote on my iPad it just gives me my tags and nothing else. The shared notebook is no longer with the notebooks view so I am stumped as to why they remain.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Evernote and the issue remains, be grateful for any suggestions as to how I can get rid of these phantom tags!

Many thanks for any help you are able to give,

Gareth

• Level 5*

I previously was part of a shared notebook on recipes with my wife, however, her tags were showing up in the sidebar.

. . .

The shared notebook is no longer with the notebooks view so I am stumped as to why they remain.

. . .

I have uninstalled and re-installed Evernote and the issue remains, be grateful for any suggestions as to how I can get rid of these phantom tags!

How to Get Rid of Shared Tags from Previously Joined Notebook (that you have un-joined)

1. Backup your Evernote Folder/Database in case something goes wrong
  2. Hold down CTRL key, and click on Help menu
  3. Click on "Delete Unused Linked Tags"
  4. You may need to sign out of EN Win, exit EN Win, re-open EN Win and sign in to complete the process.

This works most of the time but a few users have reported it did not work for them.

Please post back here to let us know whether or not it worked for you.

EN-Win-584-CTRL-Help.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived