Web clipper 'organise' function not working

kylie500

My web clipper works, but has recently stopped offering the 'organise' function to organise the clips into notebooks. Instead, it just puts them all in the default notebook. 

Safari 8.0.7

Web clipper 6.5.2

Evernote (Mac) 6.5.2

IOS yosemite 10.10.4

I've uninstalled the web clipper and reinstalled, logged out and back into it, restarted safari and the computer, cleared the cache, disabled all other extensions... still nothing. 

It also seems to have forgotten my tags. Previously, when the organise function was working, if I started typing a tag, it would remember previous tags and autocomplete the typing for me but now it doesn't. It seems like it's not making the connection between the web clipper and my evernote program, yet it is signed in. 

I also have firefox, and the web clipper is still working fine on that browser, and is performing the organise function like it should. 

Have attached a screen shot showing the web clipper window with the organise function seemingly disabled. 

This is happening with every website I try. 

Any suggestions? 

post-263298-0-18845600-1437186969_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

same here! Very frustrating as I really had grown fond of those functions. Doesn't automatically recognize tags as I type them anymore (so I have no clue if I am using an existing one or not) and also doesn't let me choose notebook. Mac with Safari Browser.

Pls help, thanks.

same here! Very frustrating as I really had grown fond of those functions. Doesn't automatically recognize tags as I type them anymore (so I have no clue if I am using an existing one or not) and also doesn't let me choose notebook. Mac with Safari Browser.

Pls help, thanks.

Evernote has been in touch with me for some help squashing this bug. They say the've now found it and looking for a solution. I am hopeful it will be fixed by a future release.

They suggested reinstalling the Safari Extension might help in the meantime but I have not tried it.

The temporary fix is to clear the cache in safari. Click safari - clear history and website data - and follow the steps. Then, the notebook function was restored. 
Apparently the tech support team are working on solving the reason it happens in the first place, but in the meantime, that fixed mine 

Archived