Evernote Outlook Addin

IDontWantToBeHere

Computer running Windows 7 Pro, Outlook 2010

I have two problems with the Outlook plugin and was hoping to get some help here.

1. If I drag an email from Outlook 2010 to a mapped network folder or my local computer's desktop I can only open it once. If I close it and then try to open it a 2nd time, I receive the error "Cannot open file: <filename>. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right click the folder that contains the file, and the click Properties to check your permissions for the folder". This issue perists until Outlook is completely closed and re-open it. I can then open that email file once before the error message appears. It's as if when closing the email Evernote is keeping it open in the background.

2. Occasionally the Evernote add-in creates another problem in that when maximising emails the body of the email is one large black box and I can't see the content. It also makes the main Outlook window stop responding.

Disabling the Evernote Outlook plugin resolves both of these issues so I know it is in fact the Evernote plugin.

Has anyone seen this before or have any tips to resolve the issue?

Cheers 

• Level 5*

Computer running Windows 7 Pro, Outlook 2010

I have two problems with the Outlook plugin and was hoping to get some help here.

1. If I drag an email from Outlook 2010 to a mapped network folder or my local computer's desktop I can only open it once. If I close it and then try to open it a 2nd time, I receive the error "Cannot open file: <filename>. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right click the folder that contains the file, and the click Properties to check your permissions for the folder". This issue perists until Outlook is completely closed and re-open it. I can then open that email file once before the error message appears. It's as if when closing the email Evernote is keeping it open in the background.

2. Occasionally the Evernote add-in creates another problem in that when maximising emails the body of the email is one large black box and I can't see the content. It also makes the main Outlook window stop responding.

Disabling the Evernote Outlook plugin resolves both of these issues so I know it is in fact the Evernote plugin.

Has anyone seen this before or have any tips to resolve the issue?

Cheers 

Hi.  No tips to resolve - I'd just suggest that if you're having these issue you really need to raise a support ticket.  Choose an appropriate issue in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action000 - Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Archived