Evernote helper loses content after Reboot

athomas24

Idea

I'm running Evernote 6.0.11 on Mac OS X 10.9.5

Problem description:

- I reboot my computer and the Evernote Helper starts in the menubar on boot automatically, as it should.

- I open the Evernote Helper, jot down a note, and click "Save to Evernote". I hear the tweet and assume the note has been saved.

- I then start Evernote from the dock. The note just written and saved does not appear in the default notebook.

- When I open the Evernote Helper again I see a note I had started writing before the reboot but didn't save. The note written and saved after the reboot is lost.

I've now seen this exact behavior twice now.

Can someone else out there perform these steps as a test and see if this is an actual bug or a problem specific to my installation?

4 replies to this idea

Anyone? It's simple thing to try.

I experienced exactly the same problem a few days ago—and I lost some very important information.

It's a shame that nobody has said anything on this. Even worse is the fact that we can't contact the Evernote staff directly, because we don't have a premium account. I guess that means we can't trust Evernote as a secure way of saving our files and notes.

FWIW, this happened on my iMac (OS X 10.9.5). However, on my MacBook (which is using the same version of OS X) the Evernote helper doesn't even start after I reboot my computer. I have to open Evernote and manually activate that option in the Preference menu every time!

Thanks for your reply, iRock1. I have a premium account and have opened a ticket. Will post the result.

Thanks.

However, I noticed that there was an update just a few days ago, and I'm not sure if the problem that you mention happened to me before or after that date. The other problem, related to the Evernote helper not starting after I reboot my computer, is still there though.

Cheers.

Archived