Evernote Will Not Open After Sharing a Notebook

jmroan

I attempted to share a note with a co-worker through the Chat function on Evernote Standard, and then attempted to open my notebook from the chat to see if it worked. It crashed and crashes upon every attempt to re-open. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue. Uninstalled with Powerful Uninstaller, removed registry entry, reinstalled, same issue.

Text of the log attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use Evernote for ALL of my work note organization.

Thanks!!!

Evernotelog.txt

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure how effective it is to click on a link in your own chat session - seems like has about the same effect as crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

Did you have any purely local notebooks or unsynced notes last time your database was working?  If not,  the quickest way to refresh your database and (hopefully) get back to normal operations is probably to exit Evernote (make sure the icon in the system tray has gone,  right-click and Exit it if not) rename the database folder to Databases.Old and restart Evernote.  Your system should rebuild the folder from the server.  It will take an hour or so if you have lots of notes (and a reasonably quick Internet connection) but you can use the Web version while you wait - go to https://www.evernote.com/Login.action?targetUrl=%2FHome.action and log in.

That will not get you back to any unsynced notes,  so you might have some small loss of data.  If you had any notes in a Local Notebook - stuff your employer didn't want in the cloud forinstance - then you will lose that content by this method.  Don't go ahead until you check back for options!

If you're a Premium Evernote user,  you can also submit a support request by choosing a broad headline in the first dropdown after logging into> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action
- you'll also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm weekdays,  PST)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Sorry about that - back to first principles;  are your notes OK if you check via Evernote.com?  If Evernote was stable for long enough to rebuild your database,  it seems that one or more recent notes may be the culprit.  Have a look to see what the most recent notes are,  and make sure that the Trash notebook is empty and any conflicting changes notes are resolved.

Archived