error: cant_create_table

ElohimJr

• Level 5*

This seems to be a windows error occasionally thrown up after an update..  the trick seem to be to:

• exit Evernote (if it didn't already crash)
  • backup your database
  • rename the database folder
  • restart Evernote and log in - your database will rebuild from the server.
NB any unsynced notes and local notebooks will be lost if you do this.  If that's a problem,  please raise a support ticket.

(If Evernote still runs normally,  you can export unsynced notes and local notebooks to ENEX files and re-import them later)
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem and can't make progress with it:

1. Renamed various evernate folders, eventually including the root evernote folder.
  2. End all tasks including evernote in the name.
  3. start evernote (from the shortcut), getting a login screen that seems to accept my username and password

However, always get the same error message stating "cant_create_table". So how do I get Evernote to rebuild my databases?

• Level 5*

I'm having the same problem and can't make progress with it:

1. Renamed various evernate folders, eventually including the root evernote folder.
  2. End all tasks including evernote in the name.
  3. start evernote (from the shortcut), getting a login screen that seems to accept my username and password

However, always get the same error message stating "cant_create_table". So how do I get Evernote to rebuild my databases?

Please see my post immediately before yours..

I did note your previous post and try to follow it but, as I stated, it didn't work as expected.

After making my post I ended all Evernote tasks again, uninstalled Evernote on my PC and reinstalled it. That still made no difference (getting the "cant_create_table" error with no option to rebuild/sync database).

I then uninstalled Evernote for a second time, shutdown and restarted my PC and reinstalled Evernote  for a second time. After that Evernote automatically resynced my database without further intervention on my part.

So to get Evernote working I had to uninstall Evernote, restart my PC and then reinstall Evernote. It is possible that the restart by itself may have done the trick after renaming the Evernote folders, but I have no way to test that out now.

Archived