Web beta is uneasy to use

Jenson16

Idea

Web beta looks cool but is actually not easy to use.

a. In the old version, as soon as I signed in, the note list is displayed; but with beta version, I have to click the button to show the note list. Since most of my work is done on previous notes, this is very inconvenient.

b. Though using icons only in the buttons looks comfortable, I have to hang the cursor over buttons to figure out what each buttons exactly means

3 replies to this idea

Definitely agree with these two points. Most of the time when one goes into evernote it is to modify notes already made.

Also, I would add that having to click the "Done" button is an unnecessary step, plus it's on the opposite side of the screen as are the other regular use buttons. Previously one could just finish typing, make sure the note had saved and could move to another note. I keep forgetting to click that Done button to get out of 'edit' mode, but it shouldn't really be necessary. It messes with the flow.

Web beta looks cool but is actually not easy to use.

a. In the old version, as soon as I signed in, the note list is displayed; but with beta version, I have to click the button to show the note list. Since most of my work is done on previous notes, this is very inconvenient.

b. Though using icons only in the buttons looks comfortable, I have to hang the cursor over buttons to figure out what each buttons exactly means

Definitely agree with these two points. Most of the time when one goes into evernote it is to modify notes already made.

Also, I would add that having to click the "Done" button is an unnecessary step, plus it's on the opposite side of the screen as are the other regular use buttons. Previously one could just finish typing, make sure the note had saved and could move to another note. I keep forgetting to click that Done button to get out of 'edit' mode, but it shouldn't really be necessary. It messes with the flow.

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking at ways we can improve the default experience and the mechanism to go in and out of note editing. 

Please let us know if there's anything else that you feel is breaking your workflow. 

- Nancy 

Archived