Copy paste bug in the latest evernote update on OS x?

sachdevasushant

Idea

Hi guys,

I just updated my evernote client on OS X (evernote ver 5.6.2).

I was copy pasting in some old notes with numbered lists. If I cut an entire line using keyboard (cmd + x) including the implicit end line marker, it cuts properly, removing that entry in the numbered list. However pasting it creates an extra line both above and below the entry. This was not the case with the earlier versions.

Anyone else facing this bug? Or could you try and see if you can replicate this bug?

Thanks,

Sushant

2 replies to this idea

I can't recreate the problem. Is it possible that the numbered lists are originally copied from another program with text formatting, like Word or a browser? Try copying the list to a markup free tool, like Textedit and convert to plain text (Command+Shift+T). Then copy/paste it back into a new Evernote file. Is your bug still around?  

Hi Jamesy,

Thank you for taking the effort for trying to help me out. :)

I still have the bug after the latest update. I can try to describe how I re-created the bug:

1. I created a new numbered list and populated it

2. Then, I go to one entry. Press CMD + left to go to the beginning of the item.

3. Press shift down to select the whole line, and press CMD + x. This should delete the line entirely, moving the rest of the list up.

4. Press CMD + v to paste the cut line. This introduces an extra blank line in the list.

Thanks,

Sushant

Archived