Web Beta: Usability and Issues

amberfrances

Idea

Feature Requests and Usability Points:

• I really expect clicking on the elephant in the top left corner to take me to a homepage of some kind 
  • Speaking of home-page, I agree with other posters that a new blank note is a confusing place for me to start, I'd much rather see my notebooks in some way - this would be a good preference option
  • On that note, the notebook drawer is not contrasted enough to easily view my stacked notes. And though there is a dedicated search function, since my notebook list is long I expect a search to exist at the top of that drawer 
  • On search, the usability of search feels unnatural for me. I don't expect to have to select a search space from a drop down, maybe something like buttons that read: Notebooks, Notes, All, etc. But the drop down confuses me. 
  • I also don't think most of us expect the search to be some kind of middle menu item on the left hand side in a vertical list- I expect it to be top right corner - I think some of us might even expect 'new note' to be over there both because it's become kind of a standard for quick-actions like that on sites we use regularly (Facebook, twitter, etc) and because ti's a good way to separate that task from the other more granular requests
  • The results don't highlight the search terms in the boxes or previews that show up, so I find myself squinting trying to find where my search term occurs in the result- I know that I can click on each note to get the highlighting, but much like a Mac Mail search result I expect some sort of indicator in the preview 

Bug or Issue

• I simply cannot get the bulleted lists, particularly the checkboxes, to work. I can click at the front of a line, hover over the list menu, and it closes without that ability to click on anything or engage in a list. The only way i've been able to get a bullet is to highlight text and use that popup format bar that occurs- but alas, no checkbox in there. So i've been copy/pasting them from other notes! 
  • I have a number of issues that arise when working on a spotty interject connection, such as at Starbucks.
    • Clicking on notes return mixes results, such as correct title but wrong note data 
    • Notes allow you to enter information, never sync, and get completely lost (they're not cached somewhere during spotty connections) 
    • I have been logged out upon reconnect or better connectivity on the same connection 

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived