iOS 8 photo sharing extension creates notes in 1969

Every note I create from my iPhone 5 in iOS starting from the Photos app with the new sharing extension shows Date Created in December, 1969. No problem with my iPad, though. And yes, the date and time on the phone are correct. EN Support has essentially admitted defeat - their last message to me said

"Upon research, It appears that it is the default date based on older UNIX codes on your device. That is all the information I was able to find to solve your issue. To further assist you with getting this resolved, my recommendation would be to reach out to Apple Support through. http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

I would be more than happy to help leave this E-Mail ticket open for another 10 days, feel free to reach out to me should you need further assistance or if you would like to follow up with me."

I suppose I can try, but I am skeptical that Apple is going to be able to do anything about a problem that only impacts one app's sharing extension (as far as I can tell after two days on iOS 8). Has anyone else noticed similar problems?

Archived