(Archived) Note reverted back to an earlier date

kbowdrums

I use Evernote between a desktop PC, MacBook pro, and an iPad. I have a note I use as a daily job log I update every workday. Yesterday (01-22-14), my note reverted back to it's state on 01-6-14. The updated column shows 01-6-14 and the content of the note also ends at 01-6-14.

I suspect it has something to do with my MacBook. I had not used it in a few weeks, but I opened it and created a separate note. I did not modify the note in question. I believe I discovered the issue the next time I logged back into my PC. The change has replicated to all of my devices now.

So I guess I have two questions.

1. How the heck could that happen???

2. Is there a way to get my data back? Does Evernote keep any type of "revisions" history I can restore?

This happened once before. I'm not sure I'm comfortable using this product any more. I may just keep notes in my SkyDrive if I can't make sense of this some how.

Thanks,

Kevin

I use Evernote between a desktop PC, MacBook pro, and an iPad. I have a note I use as a daily job log I update every workday. Yesterday (01-22-14), my note reverted back to it's state on 01-6-14. The updated column shows 01-6-14 and the content of the note also ends at 01-6-14.

I suspect it has something to do with my MacBook. I had not used it in a few weeks, but I opened it and created a separate note. I did not modify the note in question. I believe I discovered the issue the next time I logged back into my PC. The change has replicated to all of my devices now.

So I guess I have two questions.

1. How the heck could that happen???

2. Is there a way to get my data back? Does Evernote keep any type of "revisions" history I can restore?

This happened once before. I'm not sure I'm comfortable using this product any more. I may just keep notes in my SkyDrive if I can't make sense of this some how.

Thanks,

Kevin

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

If you have a premium account, you can revert to a previous version of the note, if one exists. Evernote note history is only taken once about every eight hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived