Evernote Android Feature Request

Andrew Berhow

Idea

Hello,

I would like to request account swithcing just like what is available on the destop version for premium users, but on the Android mobile platform. I find this feature very helpful, in fact it was the main reason I signed up for a premium account, but was disappointed to find that it wasn't available on the mobile version even with a premium account.

Thank you,

Andy

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Just to check, you probably know that you can sign out of one account, and then sign in with another one, right?

Not sure of the reason that there's no account switching like there is on the desktop (Windows anyways) on Android, it might just be to mitigate storage usage issues for those with large note databases, or maybe they don't see this as a common scenario.

Just to check, you probably know that you can sign out of one account, and then sign in with another one, right?

Yes, I'm aware of that, but unfortunately doing so involves typing in usernames and passwords (which is always more difficult on a mobile device, especially if you have a marginally secure password of a good length with camel case and weird-o characters) as well as deleting all the notes that were on the device AND THEN re-syncing once logged in with the new account. Now, I have done for quite a while when not a premium user and found it to be enough of hindrance to my use of Evernote that I had hoped that buying the full version would resolve this problem and allow me to more effectively use Evernote. Specifically, separating a work and personal account. To my dismay, I found that it was only on the Desktop version (mac in my case) that this feature was enabled.

Granted, with a full keyboard I never found too much of a problem switching manually, though it is a lot nicer to have the feature on the desktop, but mobile is where it really become a hassle in my opinion.

Archived