(Archived) Can't uninstall EN for Windows 4.5.7

syntaxfree

I haven`'t been able to use Evernote on Windows (i.e. at work) for a while, since the well-known botched update that send the installer looking for Evernote.msi in some random directory. Since most of my EN use is on the Mac (at home), I have been delaying trying to fix this, hoping that a few versions down the road there would be a fixed installer already.

Now, before installing 5.0.2, which I just downloaded, I tried to remove two versions which were already on the Add/remove programs panel of Windows 7, 4.6.something and 4.5.7. The former went away, but the latter refused to. An the installer for 5.0.2, first tries to remove 4.5.7.

This is very annoying. I expect to be yapping away on forums for some innovative open source plaything, but I also expect some things to work transparently. I've already stopped recommending Evernote because of the shoddiness of its Windows client (despite its wonderful Mac client...) -- is there something simple that can be done to get 4.5.7 out of this system and 5.0.2 working?

I haven`'t been able to use Evernote on Windows (i.e. at work) for a while, since the well-known botched update that send the installer looking for Evernote.msi in some random directory. Since most of my EN use is on the Mac (at home), I have been delaying trying to fix this, hoping that a few versions down the road there would be a fixed installer already.

Now, before installing 5.0.2, which I just downloaded, I tried to remove two versions which were already on the Add/remove programs panel of Windows 7, 4.6.something and 4.5.7. The former went away, but the latter refused to. An the installer for 5.0.2, first tries to remove 4.5.7.

This is very annoying. I expect to be yapping away on forums for some innovative open source plaything, but I also expect some things to work transparently. I've already stopped recommending Evernote because of the shoddiness of its Windows client (despite its wonderful Mac client...) -- is there something simple that can be done to get 4.5.7 out of this system and 5.0.2 working?

Have you tried the free version of Revo Uninstaller?

Archived