watch out with huge notes! Trouble trying to export it.

I made a note with Evernote for iPad recording several audio files, the huge one has 23Mb, but in the end the note become with more then 100Mb (limit for premium users). Now I can't sync with Evernote because the note exceeded the limit, I can't export the note because when I try to do it the Evernote crashes (same trying to send by e-mail), I can't copy the audio files into a new note to split into several notes because, I don't know why, it does not allow me to copy and paste it into a NEW note, just in the SAME note.

Is there a way to save the audio files into my computer?

Thanks. 

• Level 5*

I made a note with Evernote for iPad recording several audio files, the huge one has 23Mb, but in the end the note become with more then 100Mb (limit for premium users). Now I can't sync with Evernote because the note exceeded the limit, I can't export the note because when I try to do it the Evernote crashes (same trying to send by e-mail), I can't copy the audio files into a new note to split into several notes because, I don't know why, it does not allow me to copy and paste it into a NEW note, just in the SAME note.

Is there a way to save the audio files into my computer?

Thanks.

Hi. If you are on a Mac, you should be able to press the arrow on the far right of the audio clip and download it to your desktop. Alternatively, right-click on the note in the note list and save the attachments. Once you have it safely saved somewhere outside of Evernote, I would delete the note, edit the clip using some other software (I am a fan of Audacity, but anything works), break it up, and save it into separate notes.

• Level 5*

Whoops!

I see that you made it on the iPad.... Let me think about this.

[EDIT:] I give up. I can't get audio clips to play. And I cannot see any other way to get them out besides the way you described. I think this is probably best-handled by support, so I'll create a ticket for you. You should get an email shortly from Evernote.

Whoops!

[EDIT:] I give up. I can't get audio clips to play. And I cannot see any other way to get them out besides the way you described. I think this is probably best-handled by support, so I'll create a ticket for you. You should get an email shortly from Evernote.

Thank  you, will wait for the ticket, but a solution could be let us export the note to iTune in future updates or let us copy and paste audio notes between notes.

• Level 5*

Whoops!

Thank  you, will wait for the ticket, but a solution could be let us export the note to iTune in future updates or let us copy and paste audio notes between notes.

You should have gotten a ticket. I was notified that it was created for you. I agree that it would be nice to have some method of getting the data out of the app.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found a hack solution to this problem.

1. Download trial version of iExplorer, install and connect iOS device.

2. Browse in Apps > Evernote > Documents > www.evernote.com > [######] > pending 

3. The folders inside the pending folder will contain the files not yet synced. Drag these files from iExplorer to your desktop.

D7K97Wx.png

Much Love,

John

Thank you. Thank you Thank you.

Solved my problem.

I found a hack solution to this problem.

1. Download trial version of iExplorer, install and connect iOS device.

2. Browse in Apps > Evernote > Documents > www.evernote.com > [######] > pending 

3. The folders inside the pending folder will contain the files not yet synced. Drag these files from iExplorer to your desktop.

Much Love,

John

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just got fed up with trying to repair evernote on my ipad, and deleted it and reinstalled it due to the same issue. Its happened several times before.

I've lost data. Again.

I'm unsure what reasoning Evernote can provide why the application can create notes that break the syncing process.

Matt

Hi Guys, i found this hopeful in that i am on windows and i was wondering if there is a similar hack to getting my large voice notes off my ipad and onto my laptop?

thanks in advance.

The exact same process works on a Windows PC. iExplorer is available for both platforms.

Archived