(Archived) Feature Request - PDF Markup

One feature I've always appreciated on the Desktop client is the ability to open attached files, modify them, and then have the saved version replace the original.

Understanding that the limits of iOS sandboxing make this difficult, it is frustrating not to be able to open a PDF file in a program like iAnnotate on my iPad from Evernote and then have annotations saved back to the original note rather than having to export it as a new note.  By analogy, the update in place aspect of Penultimate is what makes that handwriting app so nice despite it lacking the features of many competitors. It would be so great if this kind of bidirectional sync could be done for PDF document markup as well. 

As an alternative, some kind of basic highlighting and annotating tools could be added to the in-app PDF reader.

• Evernote Expert

One feature I've always appreciated on the Desktop client is the ability to open attached files, modify them, and then have the saved version replace the original.

Understanding that the limits of iOS sandboxing make this difficult, it is frustrating not to be able to open a PDF file in a program like iAnnotate on my iPad from Evernote and then have annotations saved back to the original note rather than having to export it as a new note.  By analogy, the update in place aspect of Penultimate is what makes that handwriting app so nice despite it lacking the features of many competitors. It would be so great if this kind of bidirectional sync could be done for PDF document markup as well. 

As an alternative, some kind of basic highlighting and annotating tools could be added to the in-app PDF reader.

Skitch can do this for you in Ipad. Skitch annotation for images is free, but you can annotate entire notes in the ipad for some $$ after a trial. As far as desktop annotation was concerned, i was expecting skitch integration to be a part of the latest Windows 5 release, as far as the current beta 3 test version, that feature is not yet available, hopefully, it will happen soon, then you can seamlessly call skitch from within evernote, do your annotations and smoothly save the notes back to Evernote. Given the recent flood of product updates across the EN platform, i expect this feature to be done soon. :)

Archived