(Archived) Recovery or export of offline notes to avoid loss after password change?

First post, apologies if I miss some etiquette here. I do understand that this topic has been heavily discussed and I tried to find the answer I was looking for in the locations directed by the Evernote support pages. I'm posting after not finding that information.

Recently, with the forced password reset, my mobile device stopped syncing. This makes sense. Device can't upload since it can no longer authenticate. My issue is with recovering the notes created in the time between when the account was locked for password reset and when I realized the mobile device was not syncing

I am new to the service and really enjoy it! I'm working to get it implemented as a paid premium service for my organization at work. My newness is probably why I can't figure out where the local files are saved on my mobile device, or how I might transfer them off/export them so they are not lost when I update my password.

My expectation is that, when I update my pass on the site, my mobile will need to close its current session to re-authenticate thereby losing anything in the current session. While I could work around this and do not mind the time to do so, I would like to first confirm that there are no other options. Again, I'm looking at implementing this as an enterprise solution and it would be helpful to note the approved resolution.

Any help appreciated. Again I did attempt to search the forums, faq, and 3rd part communities but cannot seem to find a clear answer on specifically exporting the unsync'd notes. I also submitted a support ticket, but I think a few keywords I mentioned got me a form reply in regard to the password reset and the ticket was closed (again, understandable given the volume of tickets that I am sure are being worked through, but it did not resolve my initial question).

Thanks in advance,

- Affiliatenote

First post, apologies if I miss some etiquette here. I do understand that this topic has been heavily discussed and I tried to find the answer I was looking for in the locations directed by the Evernote support pages. I'm posting after not finding that information.

Recently, with the forced password reset, my mobile device stopped syncing. This makes sense. Device can't upload since it can no longer authenticate. My issue is with recovering the notes created in the time between when the account was locked for password reset and when I realized the mobile device was not syncing

I am new to the service and really enjoy it! I'm working to get it implemented as a paid premium service for my organization at work. My newness is probably why I can't figure out where the local files are saved on my mobile device, or how I might transfer them off/export them so they are not lost when I update my password.

My expectation is that, when I update my pass on the site, my mobile will need to close its current session to re-authenticate thereby losing anything in the current session. While I could work around this and do not mind the time to do so, I would like to first confirm that there are no other options. Again, I'm looking at implementing this as an enterprise solution and it would be helpful to note the approved resolution.

Any help appreciated. Again I did attempt to search the forums, faq, and 3rd part communities but cannot seem to find a clear answer on specifically exporting the unsync'd notes. I also submitted a support ticket, but I think a few keywords I mentioned got me a form reply in regard to the password reset and the ticket was closed (again, understandable given the volume of tickets that I am sure are being worked through, but it did not resolve my initial question).

Thanks in advance,

- Affiliatenote

What mobile client are you using?

Thanks in advance,

- Affiliatenote

What mobile client are you using?

Android 4.5.4

Turvalar, I am using Android 4.1 and EN 4.5.4 but it appears that a failed sync in the app does not produce a notification in the Android notifications drop down. 

Ah, nothing says "I need more patience" like quoting and replying to your own posts =) I see why you asked about the client version BNF, thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I thought I was on the latest but was not. This was resolved for me by upgrading my app to 4.5.6.1 - after doing so the steps Turvalar presented in the Android thread of the same subject were valid. Here's how it went down for me:

1. With my session still open on the mobile device, I installed the latest version from the Play store (for me, 4.5.6.1). 

2. This automatically restarted the app, and when it did, the prompt for email password change came up.

3. I did this (in the mobile browser, for me Chrome Mobile) through my email account.

4. On returning to the app, it attempted to sync and I did in fact get the Android notification in the drop down that sync failed.

5. Tapping this notification prompted for the new password I issued through step 3. 

6. App began sync and complete successfully. 

*Probably important to note that this only retains unsync'd notes if you haven't already logged out of your mobile session.

Archived