(Archived) How do I limit saved searches to tags and not key words.

chucknb28409

Hi,

How do I limit saved searches to tags and not keywords. I have tag names that are also contained as a word in a document. Some of my documents may contain words similar to many of my tags but I do not want these included in a saved search, I only want the search for documents having the assigned tags... I hope this is not some sort of limitation of tagging otherwise this would be another argument to add the ability to create notebooks, with pages and pages containing notes (similar to OneNote and Zoho NoteBook) instead of notebooks containing just notes (see my other post).

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi,

How do I limit saved searches to tags and not keywords. I have tag names that are also contained as a word in a document. Some of my documents may contain words similar to many of my tags but I do not want these included in a saved search, I only want the search for documents having the assigned tags... I hope this is not some sort of limitation of tagging otherwise this would be another argument to add the ability to create notebooks, with pages and pages containing notes (similar to OneNote and Zoho NoteBook) instead of notebooks containing just notes (see my other post).

Thanks

Hi. If you use the advanced search grammar, you should be able to achieve the desired result. In this case, tag:<client name> would show only notes with this tag. Remember to put quotation marks around tag names of two or more words. Here are more advanced search operands: http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23245321

Archived