(Archived) Unexpected behavior when selecting a notebook after a saved search

jmcnew

I have run into an interesting issue with the last couple of betas. I have several saved searches and notebook shortcuts on my favorite bar. Whenever I click on a saved search, either on the favorite bar or from the saved search drop-down, the saved search filters the notes properly and the appropriate tags are in the search explanation. Here is where things have changed:

A. in Evernote for Windows 4.6.0.7670 (268178) Public

After my notes have been filtered by the saved search above, when I click on a notebook shortcut on the favorite bar or the notebook drop-down, it switches to the correct notebook but one of the tags from the previous search is still in the search explanation bar so I have to manually remove it.

B. in Evernote for Windows 4.5.10.7470 (267978) Public

After my notes have been filtered by the saved search above, when I click on a notebook shortcut on the favorite bar or the notebook drop-down, it switches to the correct notebook and all the search terms are removed.

Note sure if this is a bug or not, I just know that what I described in (A) is different than the way it has work for me in the past ( B).

• Level 5*

The behavior with respect to the Search Info notebook dropdown is the way it's been for awhile; I'm pretty sure that I've been depending on it for some time. It's pretty useful to be able to change search context without losing your other search criteria. To do the latter, I would select from the Notebook panel.

Verified the behavior with the notebook selector in the Favorites bar, but I hadn't used that before, so I can't say whether that was working that way before or not.

I agree that it’s pretty useful to be able to change search context without losing your other search criteria. I have use Evernote for a while and the search terms have always cleared when selecting a notebook shortcut on the favorite bar or from the notebook drop-down. It wasn’t until the last 2 betas that things have changed. I have another PC in my office with a 4.5 version of Evernote and it works as I expect. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the issue.

ENSearch.jpg

• Level 5*

Are you saying that if you select notebook "Daily" from the dropdown shown in your first screencap (i.e., "Viewing 23 notes from [2.Work])", you get Search Info as shown in your second screen cap? I'm pretty sure that I've been doing this for a long time, and it doesn't clear the search criteria. It only does that if I select from the Notebook tree in the left panel.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been mistaken, though. :)

I'd definitely object to the behavior in your second example, though -- it should either clear all extra search criteria, or none of it.

What I am doing is selecting the saved search P:O from the favorite bar in example A.

then, the way it has been working, when I select the notebook link "Daily" from the favorite bar, all the search terms would be removed as in example B.

since the latest beta, when I select the notebook link "Daily", the tag |PROJECT| remains as a search term as shown in example C.

ENSearch3.jpg

• Level 5*
What I am doing is selecting the saved search P:O from the favorite bar in example A.

OK, so it was working as I remembered it. That's reassuring. Thanks for clarifying. I was using the notebook selector from the Search Info panel, which operates differently.

Archived